Monday, May 22, 2006

Jet Plane Leaving without me...

According to my plane ticket, I would be boarding a plane home to Calgary today (May 22 at 9am local time) I would have needed to fly from London to Dublin, to start my trip in Dublin and fly back to London, then back to Calgary. A lot of wasted time indeed.

But instead of sitting in a cramped space for 12 hours and camping in the airport, I was in the office, working away in front of my computer at work. Luckily, I remembered my departure date, so yesterday I called in and changed it to a later date as well as dump my Dublin to London route. Since I have no idea when I'm returning, I changed it to the latest date possible, January 10, 2007. If I decide to come back earlier than I'll just change it again. At $200 CAN per change, it's still better than purchasing a new ticket, but I shouldn't change my mind too much.

Bo on the other hand is not as lucky. His ticket was non-changeable, so he will need to purchase another ticket. However, we will still need to pack... for our Switzerland trip that's coming up this Thursday, May 25 2006. I need to brush up on my German. Guten Tag. Wie Geht es Ihnen? Ich bin sehr gut.

2 comments:

Avatamsaka Monastery Choir said...

Have fun in Germany! Will you be there for any of the World Cup games?

Go Ghana Go!

Silvenwolf said...

I have to wonder, in January 2007, will you actually be here for good? ;)

It sucks that Bo couldn't change his tix tho... guess you should look into tix that are refundable rather than not.

Contributors