On Sat Feb 4, we went to St Albans (a town about 20 miles drive away) in the afternoon and visited the oldest cathedral in UK. It was a grand cathedral. I saw memorials there dated back to the 13th century. The market was also open today. There were many little stalls selling various goods, from scarves to fruit. We stayed in St Albans for three hours then drove to Edgeware (in the Greater London area, which was another 15 miles away) and visited the Oriental City Mall. There were a couple of Chinese restaurants, a big Oriental grocery store like T&T and loads of oriental food stalls. We ordered alot of great tasting food.
On Sun Feb 5, we set off to Brighton in the afternoon. It was about 40 miles from Tring. It took about 1.5hrs to get there. The traffic in Brighton town was quite busy and it was almost impossible to find parking on the streets. Even when we pulled into a paid mall parking lot, there were many cars in front and behind us looking for parking. In Brighton, we walked over to the Sea front and enjoyed some English Fish and Chips, and a fresh red mullet sandwich. This beach didn't have any sand though, just loads of small rocks. I think this water is the English Channel? I need an atlas.
Tuesday, February 07, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Good to finally have you back posting on your blog. I check the blogs everyday because I'm crazy and typically people don't update for months. It's so nice to get 4 new posts all at once!
Post a Comment