We have a new addition to our apartment recently. Her name is Sophie, and is only 8
weeks old and really cute. She's crawling around stubling over everything. I want to hold her, but i'm afraid that I would drop her, or get pee on. She's not making alot of noise in the middle of the night, so everyone is sleeping well. But tends to wake up really early in the morning wanting attention. My house mate is pretty young, only 24 years old. He's taking good care of her, giving her regular baths so she smells good (most of the time) I have some pictures of her, i'll try to post them soon.
On Tuesday, we went to check out another flat (in the city centre area). The flat looks pretty good. It would have costed almost double our current rent (but it's ok). It's got 2 bedrooms and ours was pretty big and had an ensuite. I liked the place until I found out that one of the guys sleeps on the couch (the other guys gets the other room all to himself) On Saturday, we saw another flat in the Dublin 8 area (just a couple of blocks from where we're living now). This flatt is not in the city centre area but is only about 15-20 minutes away (walking). In short, we didn't like this one. The place looks like it hasn't been cleaned for a long while. The carpet looks gross and the room stinks. (There's 2 other guys living there) Needless to say, we shall look some more, and fast, cause the music in the bar is getting louder than when we first moved in! The bass is so loud over the weekends that our room is vibrating!
On another note, I think i'm going to give my one month notice sometime this week and try to find work closer to the City of Dublin. In a month I think I would be able to complete the major parts of the project so it's not like i'm leaving them hanging (so I don't feel bad for them) Amazingly, I'm all up to date on the documentation so they should be able to maintain it without much trouble.
There are loads of Chinese restaurants here but almost all of them offer the northern cuisine. So far, we found 2 southern style Chinese restaurants in Dublin. Yesterday, we had DIM SUM in one of them. It's taste is suprisingly good. Compared to Calgary, it's about double the price and the selection is limited. (My southern taste buds just screaming for moms southern style dishes)
Today Bo decided to make it a cleaning day, and I helped move furniture around while he's vacuming. Bo vacumed the room and also his laptop keyboard. His keyboard keys are all secured so none of the keys got sucked in... remember, alway check that your keys are all locked in place before vacuming it (Max)
Sunday, June 19, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
So I can't tell whether Sophie is a cat or dog...do tell!
If you want good Chinese food, stop by TO on your way back... (hint, hint) ... lots to pick from here.
Post a Comment