Friday, April 01, 2005

The Weekend's Here!

Finally, it's Friday today. I've survived another week at work. I took Bo's MP3 player this week and that made such a big difference for my commute to work. I've also decided to take the bus to city centre then switch to the train... before I was taking the LRT to city centre then take the bus to work. The bus to Balbriggin takes me alot closer to work but it's just too unreliable and is always late. I've waited as much as 40 mins for the bus one time. But now that I take the train, I better not be late for it cause the train comes once every hour! I'm also exercising quite a bit. I'm now walking an average of 45 mins per day, getting from the train station to work and from work back to the train station.

Different stuff
  • The police are called the Gardia and they don't care if you j-walk. In fact, they do it themselves.
  • On the bus and the train, there's fines signs warning you to buy a valid ticket or else be fined. But we saw someone get caught without a valid ticket and the ticket checker asked the person to get off at the next station.
  • Lots of traffic circles (they them roundabouts) and some of them have traffic lights. That totally defeats the purpose of a traffic circle!
  • On average, movies and TV shows are 6 weeks behind Calgary.
  • There are admission fees for churches in Ireland. Gotta pay to pray!

1 comment:

Avatamsaka Monastery Choir said...

Hi Olivia,

So you're eating healthier and getting more exercise. Don't you love how in Europe, you're encouraged to walk because of the way the cities are designed?

Now, I'm back to my lazy ways... sitting at the computer all day and getting no exercise. I blame it on our urban sprawl problems!

Contributors