Monday, January 17, 2005

It's COLD, Windy and Dark here...

Took a venture out of the house on foot (first time leaving without a vehicle), can't really go anywhere though since the closest grocery store is over 5km and the closest shopping centre is over lots of kms. But the Baltic Sea (had to look up the name in an Atlas) is only less than 5 mins walk. Extremely windy by the docks and kind of frightening (I'm not used to being around so much water). So far, the wind has been constantly blowing. The temperature is steadily in the single digits but it's cold here! I think I put on the same amount of clothes here when it's -25 in Calgary.

I'm so glad I packed warm clothes (The snow pants, fleece jacket, down jacket, wind/water proof, breathable jackets all took up lots of room but it's worth it!)... not a lot of sunny days yet, lots and lots of fog, and it drizzles a lot (compared to the pouring rain we get). The one thing I don't like, is how fast and early in the day the sun sets here! I think it starts to get dark at around 4pm. I think i'm one of those people that get depressed if I don't get enough sun... maybe I should get a sun lamp when i'm in Ireland!

No comments:

Contributors