Friday, January 28, 2005

Beware of the SWAP program...

Couldn't sleep so we went down to have breakfast at 7:30am. Went to the USIT office for our orientation then felt silly afterwards. I thought they were going to set us up with all that we needed but what was I thinking. For the next few days, we will be running around the city getting ourselves all set up. (ie. registering in the immigration office, getting the PPS number, doing the tax thingy, getting a bank account... etc) However, I was not the only one that thought they would be providing this service. I met a few Canadians in the orientation that had the same thoughts. (Joanne, maybe we should have listen to you about the SWAP program)

We walked around city center all afternoon and bought groceries for dinner. We have a mobile phone now. Email me if you want the number. Today we casually started to look for accommodations.

No comments:

Contributors