Thursday, March 08, 2007

I've noticed that...

I've noticed that...

UK roads are very twisty and ridiculously narrow. I started to drive to work a few times and it feels like driving in a video game, except the whole avoid hitting 'things' part. So nerve racking!

I suck at parallel parking. It took me hundreds of turns and thousands of milliseconds to get into a parking spot. And that's with Bo helping, so that I don't hit any parked cars.

I turned into a zombie this week. We've been doing nothing but watching TV. Not that we weren't TV zombies before but this week was quite extreme. Other than going to work, eating, and sleeping, we managed to go through two seasons of 'House'. I must compliment the main character. He's got an awesome personality, who presents like an ignorant SOB. But I think he's a misinterpreted, intelligent, ignorant SOB, with a touch of Jack Bauer.

UK has a lot less stat holidays than Calgary and they're not spread out very well. There's a total of 8 holiday and this year there's 1 in Jan (New Years), 4 are in Apr/May, 1 in Aug and 2 are in Dec. So there's not much to look forward to in the months of Feb, Mar, June, July, Sept, Oct, Nov. We haven't taken any time off since last Christmas. However, work is quite busy and since Bo and I are the only 'resources' on the main project, any time off adds additional days to the project release.

I have a problem, and the first step is to admit that I have a problem. Now I just need to find out what the problem actually is. So my problem, is not knowing what the problem is or do I have a problem that is hiding from my conscious mind? Then do I still have a problem?

1 comment:

Silvenwolf said...

I definetly enjoy watching House - quite the interesting character you can't help but watch.

As for parallel parking, it once took me and four other computer scientists to parallel park my car. Gives the whole "how many engineers does it take to screw in a lightbulb" new meaning.

Contributors