Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Cycling to another county

Last week, Bo cycled from home to work, while I drove in. Since we moved office, we're now working in another county, which is about 6 times further than our previous office. Bo did the 10 km trip in 32 minutes.

There's not much bike paths so he had to go on the roads. I thought it was a bit dangerous. Especially when I cycled for the first time from work to home that day. I wasn't planning on doing that but Bo proposed a bet, that I couldn't do the trip in less than 1 hr. Of course, I didn't think I was that much out of shape, so I couldn't refuse. What I didn't take into account was the long stretch of uphill that I had to climb. But I persevered and push on hard. At the end, even though I wasn't in tip top shape, I managed it in 42 mins! My legs were feeling a bit stiff afterwards, but I recovered fully the next day. Though my butt was still sore from riding on the bumpy road.

1 comment:

Silvenwolf said...

You won the bet anyway! Congrats on that. But ya, cyclists on the road freak me out bec. I'm always worried that I'll hit one with a side mirror or something.

Contributors