Its been a while since my last log and a few things has happen. We took 2 weeks off and went home for Christmas. I had an awesome time. Mom made alot of very tasty food! ;) I missed the huge open space in Canada. It's a nice break from living in a little hole (our room in the UK) for a year.
S and A (Sandi and Andre) was kind enough to organize a festive gathering, so we managed to catch up with quite a few people in one go. One of the party goers brought the Wii, so I took this opportunity to test it. This console gets an A+ from me. I played quite a few tennis games with 'A' and I'm still undefeated. I think we were the last ones to leave at the wee hours. Thanks for hosting S & A.
Those 2 weeks went by so quickly. It doesn't help that I got sick, only a week later. So annoying, this happen last year too. But it was far worst last year cause I had a flu as well as a cold. I convinced myself that going snowboarding would help my cold go away faster so we booked a trip out to Banff over the weekend. We went to Lake Louise on Saturday afternoon with Bo's parents and had dinner with em in Banff. The next day, We were planning to meet up with Ambrose and gang at the Lake Louise ski resort. However, I had troubles getting up on time. My body was still recovering from the cold virus. Eventually, we made it there, but had a hard time trying to location our gang. I decided to get the afternoon pass since I didn't think I would last the whole day of intense snowboarding in my condition. We managed to meet up with our gang when they came in for lunch. The snow conditions were quite nice, it snowed the entire time. There were lots of powder, so it was quite tiring for my whole body. It has been nearly 2 years since I last boarded so my first run was quite scary... actually, most of the runs were a bit scary. This was my 2nd or 3rd time on this mountain so it's new territory for me. I managed to board till almost closing time but I was quite tired so I decided to call it quits before I pass out from exhaustion. This time round, I fell many times but luckily, I didn't hurt myself (too bad)
Time flew by so quickly when you're having fun. Once again, I felt quite depressed when the time came for us to board the plane. You'd think that I'm used to saying farewells but nope, going to the airport gets me teary all the time. It's the time spent on waiting to check in and getting through security that take forever, so it gets me thinking about what I'm leaving behind. Luckily, this emotional phase always lessens after the plane takes off to my destination.
Bo went back to work the next day after we arrived, meanwhile, I haven't even gotten over my jetleg and my cold. This time around, I was being more conscious of my health and made sure I had enough rest so this cold wouldn't turn into anything nasty like last year. By the time Saturday rolled around, I was nearly at 100%. We went to a piano recital by Alexander Ardakov with our British friends at a near by church in Tring. Seats were first come first serve and are always sold out, so we all went early. Score, We sat literally three steps (my little steps) away from the pianist. We were close enough to see his fingers in action and even hear him hum to the tune. I don't know much about music, but he sounds incredible. This guy played in Bosendorfer in Vienna, St John's Smith Square in London and the Carnegie Hall in New York. I think he plays in this church about once a year, where he does the practice run before going to one of the big venues.
Saturday, February 03, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment