My first week of work. I didn't do much except for sitting around, looking busy and reading a bunch of documentation. Being a contractor and all, I thought that they would give me more to do. I've only worked for 4 days this week cause St. Patricks Day is a holiday in Ireland, but the commute is beginning to be unbearable! How am I suppose to work there for another 10 months if I can't stand it already? Someone give me some advice please!!! We can't really move closer cause then it would take Bo forever to get to work. We are thinking to move into the city centre so at least we don't have to compute into city centre then switch transportations...
It turns out that no one goes out for lunch, everyone either brings their lunch or eats in the company cafeteria. The company I work for is pretty big but I think i'm the only Asian... I miss Canada, the multiculturalism, my family and all my Canadian friends.
On another note, there's lots of Asian foods in Dublin. Today we had hotpot for dinner with our house mates. Good stuff!
Some differences:
- Lots (and lots, and lots...) of people swear lots in their conversations.
- More rude people (towards Asians and blacks), but also met lots of nice people
- The buses and trains are very confusing... everything is priced differently, depending on what you take and where you go.
- Lots and lots of people smoke (and drink)... it seems like everyone's a chain smoker here.
- I see alot more drunk people (any time of the day) here in the last month then the entire year in Calgary.
Friday, March 18, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
You don't think Cdns swear in their conversations? Obviously you haven't taken the C-Train in a LONG time! :)
No green beer? Too bad... I didn't have green beer either but I did drink beer. Cdn beer too, not even Irish. Oh well...
As for the job situation, maybe a co-worker would let you crash at their place during the week? Other than that, living at work seems a viable alternative! Haha! Poor Olivia, I'm sure you'll find a solution.
Post a Comment