Monday, April 21, 2008

Summary of the year

It's been over a year since my last post. I've been meaning to update this thing but just never had to chance to get around to it. In the past year, other than work, we didn't have too many opportunities to get out and do much. Except for Christmas, we spent 3 weeks in China. In the previous years, we spent Christmas in Canada. It was great to catch up with everyone, but I always felt it was too short and leaving in the end was quite depressing...

In March, we went to Dublin for a weekend with some of my work mates and Bo's ex work mates. Oh, did I mention that Bo and I no longer work together? He quit just before we left for China and now he works in London. Anyway, back to Dublin. One of our work mates was going back to Australia for good so we all went to Dublin because he's not been there before. I must say, the weekend break in Dublin was much more enjoyable than living there. Bo and I stayed with Riley and coincidently; his flat was just a 5-minute walk from the hotel that our mates were in.

On the first day after arrival, I got plastered. After leaving a pub, I thought it would be a good idea to do some exercise so I sprinted for a few blocks. But as soon as I ran out of breath and stopped, I immediately felt like puking. It took a while for me to recover from that run. I think I’ve over indulged a bit...

On the first weekend in April, we went to Paris via the Eurostar. Bo ran in this year’s Paris Marathon that took place on Sunday, April 6th. Because of our trip to China, he didn't do as much training as he planned. However, he still managed to cross the finish line in 4 hours and 5 minutes. He didn't seem too pleased though because his goal was to finish in 4 hours. Until next time Bo...

I'm currently training for the London to Brighton bike ride event that takes place on Sunday, June 15. I've participated in this event last year but I did terrible. Mostly my fault cause I didn't know that it would be so difficult and I didn't train for it. Though it wasn't a race, I still want to finish in a respectable time. This year, I aim to finish within 6 hours.

I've created a blog just for my training: http://www.realbuzz.com/en-gb/blogs/index?pageID=1997&blog=9497

1 comment:

Contributors