We went back to Canada on Dec 19. We first flew 3 hrs to Frankfurt and waited there for 4 hrs, then flew another 9 hrs to Calgary. While waiting at Frankfurt, we went to McDonalds in the airport and also there were a parent with his two kids (waiting for their flight to Calgary too) They had to wait 12 hrs to make their connection. He manage to entertain his kids by encouraging them to play the McDonalds Monopoly game by collecting stickers from people who ate at McDonalds. They managed to almost fill up the monopoly board. They were only missing one sticker for each property. They had many small prizes; they gave us a free cappuccino and ice cream cone sticker. With the remaining stickers, they covered up an entire medium pop cup and an entire coffee cup. The flight from Frankfurt to Calgary was 9 hrs, but it didn't feel that long, I slept quite a bit. We arrived in Calgary at around 5pm.
At first, I thought that I was going to stay in Calgary, but three weeks ago, I started a contract(same company as Bo) so now, I'm just coming back for Christmas. Bo will be staying for 2 weeks before heading back to Dublin to finish off his contract. I'll be staying for 3 weeks.
The first evening back, I was so excited to be home. Bo's parents came to pick us up from the airport, and dropped me off home, where Mom was waiting for me to arrive. We chatted for a bit, then she took me to T&T.
The next week was filled with having Dim Sum, lunch and dinner with family and friends. Then Bo caught the flu. I suspect that he got it from Geoff at Sandi's party. I've heard quite a few people from the party fell ill sometime afterwards. So we didn't go on any snowboarding trips. Then a few days later, I caught the flu from Bo. Arg. I was disappointed that I got sick. I didn't go anywhere for almost a week. Bo left Calgary on Jan 3rd, he's almost recovered by then. Luckily, I felt alot better during the last few days before I left, so I managed to meet up with a few friends. By the time I left, I was feeling alot better. But I felt quite sad, cause I didn't want to leave.
I left on Jan 11, on an 8pm flight and arrive the next day at Dublin at 5pm. My connection flight from London Heathrow was delayed for about an hour. I was so tired by then, I almost fell asleep on the chair. Apparently, the BMI plane had an oil leak so they had to get another plane ready.
What happen the next day was unbelievable, I got sick again with another flu. Had a fever for a few days and at one point, had a temperature of up to 39.9, I was HOT! We went to the Emergency and Accident at the hospital cause the clinics were closed at 9pm, but we left after not being seen for a few hours. Bo called the Alberta Health Link for information. Then he got me some Benylin for Flu 4, and I felt alot better after taking that. We were scheduled to fly to London (for work) on Sunday but I still felt horrible, so we changed our tickets to Monday instead...
Tuesday, January 17, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Oddly enough, I did not get sick from Geoff and I live with him. Now that's love!
Post a Comment