I finally went to the Guiness Storehouse. I took Bo’s mom there when she came to visit us. It wasn’t too interesting though, and I’m not looking to go again anytime soon. Perhaps it would be more interesting to people who like to drink beer. We went up to the gravity bar where they give out a free pint of Guiness to each visitor. However, since I don’t drink, I had a glass of sprite instead. I had to play host to Bo’s mom the entire time she was here cause Bo was too busy working…
We went to London again on Oct 13 for a few days and played guide to Bo’s mom. We went to the Natural Museum and took another guided tour in the National Gallery. We went to see Chicago the musical. It was a great show, we really liked it. We saw the movie a few times so we knew what the show was about before seeing it live. I think the dialog is exactly the same.
Back in Dublin, my first day of work was quite short. Actually, it was the shortest day of work for me ever. Just seconds after entering the office, I was told that my project was put on hold and they had no other work for me. So I was in the office for 45 minutes to wait for the next train home. I decided to become a professional traveler for a few more months.
Bo was summoned to a meeting in London on Thursday Nov 3rd, so we decided to make it into another weekend getaway. I took the early morning flight to London and met up with Bo on Saturday, Nov 5th. There was a seat sale to London for that day on Ryan Air so I ended up in Luton airport instead of the usual Heathrow that Aerlingus always landed in. I found it inconvenient to go from Luton to Central London because the tub wasn’t available in Luton. I was going to take the express train but then after talking with the bus driver for the Green Line to Central London, he convinced me to ride with him. He started to haggle with me and I played along. I managed to get myself a ride to Central London for 6.50 pounds (the express train would have cost 12 pounds, but was quicker) The bus was suppose to take 1.5hrs to get there but it only took 1hr this time because there wasn’t much traffic. I’ve never haggled in London before!
I met up with Bo in the afternoon and we went to see a matinee show of the Shaolin Masters. It wasn’t what I expected. I wanted more martial arts and the music was not traditional. I guess they wanted the western world to relate with them more by playing pop music. Overall, I still liked it. The little Shaolin Monks were so cute. Today was also the day for the Guy Fawkes celebrations. So in the evening, we went to Battersea Park, the flagship for the Bonfire Night. There was a huge bonfire to start, then came the spectacular fireworks with music playing in the background. There was an amazing amount of people there. Afterwards, leaving the park was pretty interesting…
On Sunday, it was pouring, on and off for the entire day. We decided to go on the London Eye (no wait time today) even though the view was not at its best. We didn’t get a chance to go when we were at London the last few times because there were too many people and we didn’t want to wait 3 hours in line. Next we went to tour the HMS Belfast, Europe’s last big armoured warship of WWII. We spent a little over 2 hours in there and managed to finish exploring the entire ship before they closed. Then we went for dinner, before Bo left to catch a plane for Dublin. I decided to stay another night because I didn’t have to work.
On another note, we’re going to Brussels next week, along with Kitty (from Calgary). Kitty and I will be going on to visit Amsterdam afterwards for a few days while Bo must go back to Dublin to work. Then we will play host to Kitty in Dublin for a few days before she has to return to Calgary. Kitty is also going to be planning our entire trip. This should be fun.
On Monday October 31, Bo ran in the Dublin Marathon. There was over 10,000 runners in the marathon and he placed 4488 overall. He had a time of 04:24:06. He said he felt good. But it looks to me that he was in a bit of pain...
Tuesday, November 08, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Hi Olivia,
Congrats to Bo for being so ambitious and running a marathon! Marathon runners are crazy!
So when you come back to Calgary in Dec, are you staying in town for a while or has the travel bug bitten you badly? :)
Congratulations to Bo for running the marathon in a time of 4 hours and some odd minutes.
Reminds me that I should probably sign up for the 10K run in May again; it'll be my fourth year.
It sounds like fun living over there. And I'm jealous - life's grand when you're travelling around in Europe. Maybe that's why I keep on going back.
Post a Comment